The other day I was in a bookstore and found a toy on a shelf where a mom with 2 girls had just been--I brought it up to her: "Is this your Princess Amidala?"
"Oh yes!....We didn't know her name."
"Well actually, she's dressed as Padme here."
It's at this point that I realize that owning every version of Star Wars ever made (video and dvd, original and remake, separate and box set) and knowing that actually, come to think of it, Amidala is a Queen and a Senator, but not a Princess...is perhaps not as normal as I thought it was.
I never thought of myself as the bi-mon-sci-fi-con type, but when I'm watching Heroes and I notice that Hiro's dad's license plate is the serial number of the original Enterprise (because of course he was Mr. Sulu in the original Star Trek series), I have to begin to wonder...
Of course, I'm married to someone who knows how many TIE fighters chase the Millenium Falcon out of the Death Star and can win Star Wars Trivial Pursuit before I even get a turn...and I think that's awesome!
So, here's to all of you who had Star Wars bedsheets, dressed up for the midnight showing of Episode III, learned to sing Ewok, or tried to use the force to get out of a speeding ticket. Let's all go to Tosche station and pick up some power converters.
Luke: Heather Romano ~~~ Han Solo: Me ~~~ Princess Leia with 5 0'clock shadow: my brother Garney



4 comments:
Hi Kelly. This is Malinda. I hope you guys are doing well. I like Star Wars, but I don't think I could win at trivia games of Star Wars, so that is cool that Ryan can do that. I also love watching Heroes, but I didn't notice his license plate. I am not a big Star Trek fan, but my husband Will is, so he probably would do well at trivia for Star Wars and Star Trek.
Hey Kelly! This is Leslie Rogers I just found your blog link from Taryn's page!! Yahoo! I can't wait to spend more time looking through your posts. I hope you don't mind if I attach you to my friends list so I can easily see your updates?!
Merry Christmas!!
Love les
I love this post! I bet my son could give Ryan a run for his money with Star Wars trivia....Kent knows EVERYTHING there ever was to know! One of his Christmas presents was the new Star Wars Encyclopedia, 3 volumes (heavy ones, too!) of all you could ever want to know about Star Wars. Very fun stuff! I hope you guys had a great Christmas!!
Jared and I were both cracking up over this one! We have both watched star wars too many times to admit. We can never start a sentence with "I feel like..." or say something as simple as, "My hands are dirty" without hearing the subsequent lines. I gave away our star wars trivial pursuit game because one of us would win in a couple of turns, depending on which questions we got-- not as awesome as Ryan, but I think we may have achieved a lesser degree of excellence in the same geeky category :)
Post a Comment